Think you know the Eagle’s Flow?
The 2020 contest has closed. Join us next spring for 2021’s Peak Flow Prediction Contest!
Are you a 2020 contest participant? The Watershed Council is checking Eagle River flow data frequently. After the chance of a false peak, we will be able to determine the winners!
It’s easy to participate!
1. Click the blue button above to enter the contest.
2. Decide how many tickets/guesses you’d like to purchase. $20 or 3 for $50 – saves $10 to triple your chances of winning! Simply enter your guesses for the cubic feet per second (cfs), date, and time of the Eagle’s peak flow at the Gypsum gauge.
3. The closest guesses to the actual results will be contacted – the prizes are better than ever! See below for a selection of what our awesome contest sponsors have provided to support our efforts!
100% of the funds benefit the river!
Since it’s entirely virtual, we are ecstatic that the Peak Flow Prediction Contest can go on as a reminder that river season is just around the corner. This year, with more prizes than ever before (over $4000-worth, in fact!) there’s a bigger chance than ever that your guess could be the winning one!
Things to Know
– Tickets are available online from April 22 until 11:59pm May 10.
– The winner is determined by the date of the peak flow, with time and cfs as tie-breakers.
– Here is a link to current conditions.
– Here is link to historical peak flow data.
– There is no limit to the number of tickets that may be purchased.
– Anyone is eligible to participate (need not be an Eagle County resident).
– Winners will be announced in July, so as to avoid the chance of announcing winners of a possible “false peak.”
– We will contact you if you are a winner of any prize associated with the contest.
– All prizes were generously donated by businesses in the river-recreation industry. We are extremely grateful for their generous support.
A BIG thank you to our generous supporters!
a brand-new Jackson Kayak Rockstar!
Jackson Kayak Rockstar
The 4th Generation of the most decorated freestyle/playboat design ever made takes freestyle kayaking to new heights. Whether you’re looking at getting your first loop, linking your first ends or winning the local or global rodeos, this boat’s for you. Learn more here.
Valued at $1,399.
2nd prize: a 3-Day River Adventure for two with Centennial Canoe Outfitters. Numerous 3-day trips to choose from! Exclusions apply. Valued at $848. Learn more here.
G.Loomis Fly Rod: The IMX-PRO 9’ #5 weight is the perfect addition to the series fly fisherman’s quiver. Valued at $525.
$500 dining certificate to any Vail Resorts restaurant. Game Creek? The 10th? Allie’s Cabin? Saddleridge? How will you choose?
Down River Equipment pump and $20 gift card. (Two separate prizes) Perfect for filling your raft in preparation for a perfect day on the water. Valued at $250.
Fishpond Fly Fishing Sling & Waxed Canvas Messenger Bag (2 separate prizes): Technical sling and messenger bag perfect for making space for all the essentials for an afternoon on the water or heading to the office! Valued at $300 total.
AIRE Landing Pad, a sleeping pad that doubles as a cooler and dry box seat pad. Valued at $189.
Orvis Pack ‘n Go Packable duffel; big enough for all the essentials but packable to save space! Valued at $150.
Yeti products, assorted. A selection of Yeti products, including a gallon jug, insulated vessels, and a hat will be presented. Valued at more than $100 total.